Auto-Updating McAfee Virus Scan
Revision as of 14:35, 6 June 2011 by Bridings
McAfee AntiVirus is outdatedMcAfee AntiVirus was the antivirus solution provided with the machines provided by Stevens. McAfee has been replaced by the new anti-virus solution, AVG Anti-Virus. Below, you will find information on various tasks having to do with McAfee AntiVirus however, we recommend that all users upgrade to AVG Anti-Virus
This page will instruct you on how to configure McAfee to auto-update its library definitions.
Configuring McAfee Virus Scan 8.5
- First, navigate to the McAfee folder in the start menu (Start -> Programs -> McAfee) and then choose VirusScan Console.
- Alternatively, you can access the VirusScan Console by right-clicking the VirusScan shield icon in the system tray.
- Choose AutoUpdate and then click the Display Task Properties button, or right-click AutoUpdate and select properties.
- In the McAfee AutoUpdate Properties window, click Schedule....
- Now select the Schedule tab and then choose Daily in the Schedule Task: sub-menu.
- Select a time that your machine will be turned on and be sure the Local Time radio button is selected.
- Also check the Enable Randomization box and set the time for 1 Hour.
- Check the Run if missed box and delay the missed task by 5 minutes.
- Set the Schedule Task Daily to run every 1 day(s).
- Click Apply and then OK.