Acquiring AVG Anti-Virus
The media required to install AVG Anti-Virus can be found on storage01. Please download the required files to a local computer by mapping a network drive before starting installation.
AVG Anti-Virus is the new Anti-virus program recommended and distributed for use on Stevens Information Technology, Computer Service Center, distributed notebook and desktop computers. It provides better security and more efficient scans.
Below you will find the steps required to install AVG 9.0.
NOTE: You MUST uninstall AVG Free, McAfee VirusScan Enterprise, and McAfee AntiVirus Enterprise Module prior to installing AVG Business Edition.
- Once you've gained access to \\storage01\ms, locate the folder AVG Anti-Virus
- Select the 32bit or 64bit folder depending on the architecture your computer is currently running.
- Copy the entire folder to your hard drive (eg. Desktop, My Documents).
- Please locate the copied folder on your machine and start the executable inside.
- The application will load files and initialize the installation process. When prompted, press Accept
- Enter the License Key located in the file AVG License number information.txt which is in the AVG anti-virus root folder. Then press Next
- If you would like AVG to install a Windows gadget, check the Installs and displays the AVG 2011 gadget. Press Next.
- Uncheck both check boxes regarding the AVG Security Toolbar and press Next
- The installation is now complete, ensure that the I agree to provide anonymous information box is checked and press Finish
- Once the installation completes, it will automatically run AVG Anti-Virus. The first time it is launched, you should receive the following prompt. Please select Optimize scanning now
- Bring up the AVG Anti-Virus User Interface and click on Update Now
- Once the update is complete, AVG will will alert you of being up-to-date.
Full System Scan
- Bring up the AVG Anti-Virus User Interface and click Scan Now, and the scan will begin.
- This may take some time, and all infections will be automatically quarantined.
Ignore Remote Administration
- Remote administration is a new feature of AVG 2011 which is not supported by Stevens.
- To ignore this component, bring up the AVG User Interface, right-click on Remote Administration and click Ignore the state of this component.