Windows 7 802.1x Wireless
Step 1 - Enabling Your Wireless
Turn on your wireless adapter, there may be a physical button on your computer if you are using a laptop.
Step 2 - Wireless Networks
In the lower left corner of your screen, click on the Networking icon as pictured below
Step 3 - Selecting Your Network
At this point, a list of available Wireless Networks will appear
Double-Click on your desired wireless network. The currently available network names are as follows:
- Stevens Student: Use this Wireless Network if you are a Stevens Student, both undergraduate and graduate.
- Stevens: Use this Network if you are a Faculty or Staff member.
Step 4 - Enter Your Credentials
Step 5 - Ignore Security Warning
The image below shows the warning message which should appear, click Connect
You should now be connected to the Stevens wireless network.
Removing Cached Credentials
Windows 7's Wireless Configuration automatically stores in the registry the username and password entered when connecting to a wireless network. If a machine is being used by multiple people, it is recommended that the user delete their credentials from the computer when they are done using it. To remove cached credentials follow this link Removing Cached 802.1x Credentials
Removing Connection Profiles
In order to remove an old or unwanted network, follow the steps below:
1. Click the Networking Icon in the bottom right of your screen, then select Open Network and Sharing Center.
2. Click Manage Wireless Networks in the upper left
3. Select a network and press Remove. You will be prompted to confirm the change, if you're sure you'd like to remove it, press Yes.