VPN on Mac OS X (Snow Leopard) with Split Tunneling
Campus Domain Account Required
A Campus Domain Account is required to access some services on this page. To change or reset your password, use the Stevens Password Service.
Graduate students do not have campus domain accounts created automatically and MUST REQUEST ONE.
Who can use this?
You must have a Windows Campus domain login to use the VPN server.
Campus Domain Accounts for Graduate Students
Graduate students do not have Campus Domain Accounts created automatically and MUST REQUEST ONE.
Only graduate students who are currently enrolled in a course are eligible for a campus domain account.
Configuration Instructions for Split Tunneling in Snow Leopard
Step 1: Open Network Preferences
- Select System Preferences from the Apple in the upper left of your screen
- Select Network
Step 2: Select to Add a New Connection
- Click on the + sign on the bottom left of the window
- When the window pops up, select:
- Interface: VPN
- VPN Type: L2TP over IPSec
- Service Name: Stevens VPN Split Tunnel
- Click Create
Step 3: Configure the Connection
- Enter in the following information:
- Configuration: Default
- Server Address: vpn.stevens.edu
- Account Name: Your Campus Domain Account Name
- Click on Authentication Settings...
- In the box that comes up, enter:
- Password: Your Campus Domain Password
- Shared Secret: SITvpn
- Click on Ok and then Apply and then click Connect