Printer Update Mac OSX
Reconfiguring a Network Printer on OS X
Step 1 - Open Map Dialogue
- Select Finder
- Click the Apple symbol in the top left and select System Preferences
Step 2 - Select Print & Fax
Step 3: Remove Current Printer Instance Configured for IP
- Click on the printer to be re-configured in the left hand column titled printers and then click select the "-" button near the bottom left of that window.
- A prompt will appear asking if you are sure you wish to delete the printer. Click the Delete button to proceed.
Step 4: Re-Add the Printer Using the Hostname
- Click on the "+" button near the bottom left of the window. This will open the Add Printer window.
- Select the IP Tab near the top of the Add Printer window.
- Type the hostname of the printer in the field labeled Address
- Click the Add button in the bottom right section of the window to finalize adding the printer.