Outlook for Office 2011
These are the steps necessary to set up Microsoft Outlook 2011 for use with a Stevens e-mail account via the IMAP protocol.
Step 1: Adding an Account
When you open Outlook 2011 for the first time you will see a prompt asking you what you would like to do. Select Add Account.
Select E-mail Account
Step 2: Entering Your Information
The next dialog box will prompt you for your account information.
- Email address: email@example.com
- Password: This is your myStevens password.
- Type: IMAP
- Incoming Server: nexus.stevens.edu
- Outgoing Server: nexus.stevens.edu
- Select Override default port. Erase 25 and replace it with 587.
After you have entered all of the above information and verified its accuracy select Add Account.
Step 3: Verify Information and Enter Your Full Name
Next, you will see a prompt that displays all of the information you have entered. In the Full Name: field, enter your full name
Step 4: Edit Authentication Settings
Select the button titled More Options… which is located at the bottom of the dialog box.
- In the Authentication: drop down menu, select User Name and Password
- Enter your user name in the User name field.
- Enter your myStevens password in the Password field.
Your Outlook Account should now be properly set up and configured.