Matlab 2013b Windows
Acquiring Matlab 2013B
The media required to install Matlab 2013B can be found on storage01. Please download the required files to a local computer by mapping a network drive before starting installation.
- Before installing, we recommend that a wired connection be used.
1. Open the Matlab 2013b folder located on \\storage01\public - see mapping a network drive
2. Double-click setup.exe to begin the installation process.
3. Ensure that Install using the Internet is selected and press Next.
4. Agree to the Terms of the License Agreement by selecting Yes and press Next.
5. If you have a MathWorks account, log in (your email should be your full email@example.com address) and press Next and skip to Step 7. If you do not have an account, select I need to create an Account and press Next.
6. If you need to create an account fill in the form on the next screen. You must use your full Stevens email address.
7. The activation key can be found in the root directory for Matlab 2013b in the file Activation.txt.
8. If creating a new Mathworks account you will receive a confirmation email to your Stevens address with a link to confirm your account.
9. The link will take you to the Mathworks website which will confirm your new account is activated.
10. Ensure that Typical is selected, then press Next.
11. Leave the installation location as the default unless you need to install to a specific folder. Press Next.
12. You may receive a warning if the installation folder does not already exist. Press Yes.
13. Press Install.
14. Make sure Activate MATLAB is checked. Press Next.
15. Press Next.
16. Do not change the default user for the software unless you are logged on as a different user to install the software and you will be using it under another account. This only applies to a handful of users who may be installing through an admin account due to their default account not having install rights. Press Next
17. Press Confirm. Matlab 2013b should now be installed and activated.