Mac Mail Exchange
Note: This article is intended for faculty and staff who have been migrated over to the Microsoft Exchange Server. All other Stevens Users should reference the documentation on IMAP and POP3.
Mac Mail is the Mail application bundled with most installations of OSX. It is one of the most used mail clients amongst Mac Users. The following steps will guide you through configuring the Stevens Microsoft Exchange Server with Mac Mail.
Account Set-up Instructions
Step 1: Open the Mac Mail client in OSX
This can be done by either clicking on the application's icon in your dock (if present) or navigating to your Applications Folder and double-clicking on the Mac Mail application.
Step 2: Open the Mail Setup Window
Towards the top of your screen, select the File dropdown menu, and click on the Add Account... option.
Step 3: Add an Exchange Account
Enter the following information into the three fields in the Add Account Window.
- Full Name: Enter your Stevens user name here.
- Email Address: Enter your Stevens email address in the form yourStevensusername@stevens.edu here.
- Password: Enter your Stevens password here.
Click the Continue button in the lower right section of the Add Account window when finished.
Step 4: Enter your Stevens Account information
Enter the appropriate information into the following fields.
- Account Type: Chose Exchange from the dropdown.
- Description: Enter a description of your choosing for this account.
- Incoming Mail Server: Enter exchange.stevens.edu in this field.
- User Name: Enter your Stevens user name in this field.
- Password: Enter your current Stevens password.
- Make sure a check is entered into the boxes next to both Contacts and Calendars. This will allow the Mac OS iCal calendar application to populate your calendar with Exchange information. The time required for the calendars to completely sync could be quite lengthy.
When finished click the continue button at the bottom right of the window.
Step 5: Verify your information
Ensure that the information listed under the Account Summary header is correct. If the information is correct, click the Continue button in the lower right hand section of the window.
Removing Previous non-Exchange Email Account
Step 1: Open the Internet Accounts window
- Open the Mac Mail Application by either clicking on the icon located on your dock or double-clicking on the icon located in your Applications Folder.
- With Mac Mail focused, click on the Mail dropdown towards the top of the screen and then click on the Preferences... option. This will open the Internet Accounts window.
Step 2: Remove the previous Email Account
- Highlight the previous account by clicking on it near the left section of the Internet Accounts window and then click the minus (-) sign in the bottom left corner of the Internet Accounts window.
Your previous non-Exchange email account has now been removed from Mac Mail.
- Click the Remove button when the security prompt pops up asking for confirmation of the account removal.