Campus Domain Account
The Stevens Campus Domain Account is how user access network services. The username and password are the same as the one used to access myStevens / Stevens email.
- Accessing Storage01
- Authenticating on a Stevens Wireless Network with 802.1x
- Logging onto Domain Machines which are joined to the Campus Domain
- Connecting to the Stevens VPN
- Accessing Department Drives for faculty
All current users should have a Domain Account
There is no longer a requirement for students to request access.
If you don't already have a Domain Account
- You may be a graduate student enrolled before 2013 and never requested network access.
- Log into myStevens at (http://www.stevens.edu/ms), Click “Student / Faculty Web Self Services” and then click “Student & Financial Aid” Click on the drop down menu Student Records and click the menu item labeled Graduate Student Campus Domain Account Request.
- The instructions are on that page, but all that must be done is change the drop down box from "No Disk Space Required" to "Domain Account Requested" and click Submit.
- The accounts are generated automatically every 15 minutes except between the hours of 5AM and 7AM. You will receive an email to your Stevens e-mail address confirming this, but you can also check Web For Students to see if the drop down box has changed to Completed. When you receive your confirmation email you will need to set your password at http://www.stevens.edu/password.
Try accessing this account or contact the Stevens Helpdesk to verify.
Be aware this should only apply to a handful of legacy students. All students now should have access by default
Faculty, staff and temporary employees who don't currently have computer accounts
Default Credentials (same as myStevens / Stevens email)
Changing your Password
- The easiest way to change or reset your password is to use the Stevens Password Service
- Your Stevens password can also be changed through myStevens. Once logged in you will see a link to the Password Service under My Info.
- If you forgot your password, or mistyped it in enough times to lock yourself out, please contact the Helpdesk at x5500.
- Changing this password affects Stevens Email, MyStevens, VPN, Mapping A Network Drive, and Wireless devices. You will need to update saved information and profiles to reflect your new password.
Stevens Password Requirements
- 10 passwords are retained in the history and cannot be reused when creating new passwords.
- The minimum password age is 1 day (i.e. you can't change passwords more than once a day).
- Password complexity is enforced by the following rules:
- Must be at least 8 characters long.
- Must begin with a letter.
- Cannot contain any elements of your name or username.
- And any two of the following three:
- Must contain alpha and numeric characters (letters and numbers).
- Must contain mixed case characters (upper and lower case).
- Must contain special characters.
- If your new password is rejected, please reread the requirements and try again. If you are not able to change your password after several different combinations, please contact the Help Desk.
- Account lockout occurs after several invalid attempts.
- Account lockout duration is 15 minutes.
- Account lockout counter is reset after 15 minutes.