Scheduling Antivirus and Spyware Scans
(Redirected from Automatic updates)
McAfee AntiVirus is outdatedMcAfee AntiVirus was the antivirus solution provided with the machines provided by Stevens. McAfee has been replaced by the new anti-virus solution, AVG Anti-Virus. Below, you will find information on various tasks having to do with McAfee AntiVirus however, we recommend that all users upgrade to AVG Anti-Virus
McAfee Antivirus comes pre-installed on all Stevens Laptops.
- To schedule a full system scan, right click on the McAfee Antivirus tray icon in the lower right corner of your screen.
- Go to VirusScan Console...
- Double click Full Scan. If full scan is not in the window, You can create a New On-Demand Scan Task by going to Task and selecting New On-Demand Scan Task.
- To setup the scheduled task click the Schedule... button on the right.
- Check Enable and move to the Schedule tab.
- Select Weekly from the Run task dropdown menu. Set a start time that occurs when the computer is on but you will most likely be away from the machine. I have selected 12:03 PM as a likely lunchtime. If you leave the machine on at night you can schedule it after 5:00 PM. Select Monday, Wednesday, and Friday.
- Press OK. Select the Detection tab and make sure to check the Scan inside archive and Decode MIME encoded files.
- Press OK. Your system will now be scanned weekly for infections.