Acquiring AVG Anti-Virus
The media required to install AVG Anti-Virus can be found on storage01. Please download the required files to a local computer by mapping a network drive before starting installation.
AVG Anti-Virus is the new Anti-virus program recommended and distributed for use on Stevens Information Technology, Computer Service Center, distributed notebook and desktop computers. It provides better security and more efficient scans.
Below you will find the steps required to install AVG.
NOTE: You MUST uninstall any other anti virus software you are running prior to installing AVG.
- Once you've gained access to \\storage01\ms (see mapping a network drive), locate the folder AVG Anti-Virus
- Open the AVG 2013 folder.
- Copy the entire folder to your hard drive (eg. Desktop, My Documents).
- Please locate the copied folder on your machine and start the executable inside.
- Press Next
- Press Accept
- Locate the txt file AVG License number information which is in the AVG 2013 folder.
- Enter the license number then press Next.
- Select Express Install then press Next.
- Press Finish
- AVG is now installed. Though you will need to let AVG download the latest definition updates before you are full protected.