Mr. Stewart provides leadership and direction to multiple corporate security and government teams throughout Cisco, strategically aligning with business units and the IT organization to generate leading corporate security practices, policies, and processes. His organization focuses on global information security consulting and services, security evaluation, critical infrastructure assurance, eDiscovery, source code security, identification management, as well as special programs that promote Cisco, Internet, and national security. Additionally, he is responsible for overseeing the security for Cisco.com—the infrastructure supporting Cisco’s more than $35 billion business.
Mr. Stewart’s longstanding career in information security encompasses numerous roles. He was the Chief Security Officer responsible for operational and strategic direction for corporate and customer security at Digital Island. Mr. Stewart has served as a research scientist responsible for investigating emerging technologies in the Office of the CTO at Cable & Wireless America. He has professional experience in software development, systems and network administration, and is a software specialist, author, and instructor.
Throughout his career, Mr. Stewart has been an active member of the security industry community. He served on advisory boards for Akonix, Cloudshield, Finjan, Ingrian Networks, Riverhead, and TripWire, Inc. Currently, Mr. Stewart sits on technical advisory boards for Panorama Capital (formerly JPMorganPartners Venture), RedSeal Networks, and Signacert, Inc. He is on the board of directors for KoolSpan, Inc., and a member of the CSIS commission on cyber security for the 44th Presidency.
Mr. Stewart’s publications and recent speaking engagements include:
Mr. Stewart holds a Master of Science Degree in Computer and Information Science from Syracuse University, Syracuse, New York.
- Author, Securing Cisco Routers Step by Step
- Co-author, Internet WWW Security FAQ, found online at the W3C
- CSI Conference and Exposition, 2009, National Harbour, MD
- ISSA Cornerstones of Trust Conference, 2009, Foster City, CA
- NATO Information Assurance Symposium, 2009, Brussels, Belgium
- Forrester Security Forum 2009, San Diego, CA
- Black Hat USA 2009, Las Vegas, NV
- U.S. Dept. of Veterans Administration Information Security Conference, 2009, Washington, D.C.
- Colloquium for Information Systems Security Education, 2009, Seattle, WA
- RSA Conference, 2009, San Francisco, CA