There are several ways of getting to the convention because it is in an very transportation friendly area. That being said, we have provided you with several routes for your convenience. Please note, if you are looking for a specific section of campus using the Campus Map or the Hoboken Map can be extremely helpful.
Note that registration will take place in the Morton Building as pictured above. Day of registration badges may be purchased here and pre-registration badges may be picked up here.
PLEASE BE AWARE THAT PARKING IS LIMITED! PLEASE USE PUBLIC TRANSPORTATION IF POSSIBLE!
Public Transportation Routes
From New York
- LIRR (Long Island Rail Road): Take the train to Penn Station. From there, take the PATH train from 6th avenue and 33rd Street, or see instructions for the NJ Transit Bus from the Port Authority Bus Terminal.
- BUS: Take NJ Transit Bus No. 126, or the Academy Bus, from the Port Authority Bus Terminal at 8th Ave. and 40th Street. The bus goes directly to Hoboken and travels down Washington Street. From New York City, buses stop on even numbered streets. Please exit at 6th Street for academic buildings and walk east across Washington Street.
- SUBWAY: Take Port Authority Trans Hudson (PATH) subway, marked Hoboken. Stations are located on 6th Avenue at 33rd, 23rd, 14th, and 9th Streets, and at Christopher Street. Once in Hoboken, take a local Washington Street bus, taxi ($5) or walk uptown to 6th Street and turn right (east) for the campus.
- FERRY: Take a NYWaterway ferry from Pier A at Battery Park, Pier 11 on Wall Street in Manhattan, the World Financial Center in Downtown Manhattan, or Pier 78 (weekends only) at West 38th Street and 12th Avenue in Manhattan to the Hoboken South Terminal. From the Hoboken South Terminal take a local Washington Street bus, taxi ($5) or walk uptown to 6th Street and turn right (east) for the campus. Ferries from Pier 78 (everyday) also arrive at the Hoboken North Terminal (13th Street). From the Hoboken North Terminal take a local Washington Street bus, taxi ($5) or walk downtown to 6th Street and turn left (east) for the campus.
From Points West of the Hudson
- AIRPLANE: Use Newark International Airport. Cabs are available from the airport, and the fares are stated at the Airport terminal taxi stand. Please check with the uniformed taxi dispatcher. A complete list of Ground Transportation Servicesis also available. Or else take "Airlink" (NJ Transit bus service, 1-800-772-2222) from the airport to Penn Station, Newark. Then go by PATH train to Grove, Jersey City, and switch to the train for Hoboken.
- BUS: Connections may be made in Journal Square, Jersey City, for Downtown Bus no. 5-6 marked Jersey City-Weehawken, to Washington Street in Hoboken. Northbound buses on Washington Street stop on odd number streets. You would have to exit at 5th Street and walk one block north, or at 7th Street and walk one block south, before turning east on 6th Street.
- TRAINS: Many NJ Transit trains stop in Hoboken. Other NJ Transit and Amtrak train lines stop in Newark. From Newark, Mon through Fri, take a PATH train to Grove, Jersey City, and switch to the Hoboken train, as explained above.
From New York
- Via Lincoln Tunnel: Upon exiting the tunnel, follow the signs to Hoboken. From the North tube of the tunnel, bear to the extreme right and go through the underpass marked Hoboken. From the South tube bear to exit ramp on left. This places you Southbound on Willow Avenue,. Continue over the land bridge into Hoboken and make a left at 14th Street, turn right onto Washington Street.
- Via Holland Tunnel: Make the first right after exiting the tunnel onto Luis Munoz Marin Boulevard. Luis Munoz Marin Blvd which becomes Henderson Street. At the end of Henderson Street at Observer Highway turn right. Turn left (at the last traffic light on Observer Highway) onto Washington Street.
From West or North West of Hoboken
- Via Interstate 80 from points West of Interstate 287: Take I-80 East to I-287 South. Take I-287 to Route 24 East. Route 24 East will merge into I-78, Take I-78 East (Express or Local) and follow the directions from "Via Interstate 78" below.
- Via Interstate 80 From Points East of Interstate 287 and West of Interstate 280: Take I-80 East and merge onto I-280 East at exit number 47A (on the left) toward "The Oranges/Newark". Exit I-280 onto the New Jersey Turnpike North. Take the New Jersey Turnpike to the Lincoln Tunnel exit. Follow signs towards the Lincoln Tunnel but do not enter the tunnel, exit at the sign marked "Last Exit in New Jersey, Weehawken, Hoboken", and turn right at the second traffic light. This places you Southbound on Park Avenue. Follow signs to Hoboken. At 14th Street in Hoboken turn left and then turn right onto Washington Street.
- Via Interstate 80 From Points East of Interstate 280: Take I-80 East to New Jersey Turnpike South (I-95) and follow directions above "From Northern New Jersey and George Washington Bridge".
- Via Interstate 78: Take I-78 East to the New Jersey Turnpike. Follow signs to the Holland Tunnel exit 14C. When the turnpike ends, after the Exit 14C toll, make a left at the first traffic light onto Jersey Avenue towards Hoboken. Proceed under the train bridge bearing right onto Newark Street which will become Observer Highway. Turn left (at the last traffic light on Observer Highway) onto Washington Street.
From North Jersey & The George Washington Bridge
- Take the NJ Turnpike (I-95) South to the Lincoln Tunnel (I-495) Exit. Follow signs towards the Lincoln Tunnel and exit before the tunnel at the "Last Exit In New Jersey, Weehawken, Hoboken" . Turn right at the second traffic light, this places you Southbound on Park Avenue. Follow signs to Hoboken. At 14th Street in Hoboken turn left and then turn right onto Washington Street.
From Upper New York State
- Take the New York State Thruway to the Garden State Parkway South. to Exit 153 and take Route 3 East towards the Lincoln Tunnel. Exit before the tunnel at the "Last Exit In New Jersey, Weehawken, Hoboken" and turn right at the second traffic light. This places you Southbound on Park Avenue. Follow signs to Hoboken. At 14th Street in Hoboken turn left and then turn right onto Washington Street.
From South West of Hoboken and Newark Liberty Airport
From South of Hoboken
- Via the Garden State Parkway:If South of the New Jersey Turnpike Exit on the Garden State Parkway take the Parkway to the New Jersey Turnpike and follow the "Via the New Jersey Turnpike" directions below.
- If North of the New Jersey Turnpike Exit and South of Interstate 78: take the Parkway to the I-78 Exit and follow directions "Via Interstate 78" above.
- Via the New Jersey Turnpike: Take the New Jersey Turnpike to Exit 14C and follow signs to the Holland Tunnel. When the turnpike ends at the first traffic light make a left onto Jersey Avenue towards Hoboken. Proceed under the train bridge bearing right onto Newark Street which will become Observer Highway. Turn left (at the last traffic light on Observer Highway) onto Washington Street.
PLEASE REMEMBER THAT THERE IS NO PARKING AVAILABLE ON THE STEVENS CAMPUS! Public parking garages are available on Hudson Street with reasonable fees in close proximity to campus. Suggested parking garages and walking directions to campus are listed below.
If you decide to park on the street in Hoboken, pay very close attention to the parking signs. Parking in Resident Only spaces, streets scheduled for cleaning, or parking for over the four-hour visitor limit will result in your car being ticketed, booted or towed.
Municipal Parking Garages:
- B (at Second Street, between River and Hudson)
- D (at 215 Hudson Street, between 2nd and 3rd)
- G (at 315 Hudson Street, between 3rd and 4th)
Walking Directions to Campus from Hudson Street Parking Garages
Proceed to Hudson Street and turn right onto Hudson. At Fourth Street, you will come to a park. Cut diagonally through the park, on the other side, on Fifth Street, is the Edwin A. Stevens and McClean Buildings. There is a campus map on River Street side of the Edwin A. Stevens building or click here for a Campus Map.